16 Days Darjeeling, Sikkim and Bhutan Tour
- Itinerary Overview
- Tour Summary
- MIH advantages
- Book this tour
|Day 1||Kolkata||Birla Planetarium and the Botanical gardens, Victoria memorial, Fort William, St Paul’s cathedral|
|Day 2||Kolkata-Bagdogra-Darjeeling||Flight to Bagdogra, scenic views of the Teesta river en route Darjeeling|
|Day 3||Darjeeling||Tea plantations, Ghoom Monastery, Mountaineering Institute, Batasia Loop, Toy Train Ride, Tiger Hill|
|Day 4||Pemayangtse||Pemayangtse Monastery, Khecheopalri Lake|
|Day 5-6||Gangtok||Tashi View Point, Enchey Monastery, Rumtek, Ranka, Hanuman Tok, Ridge Park, Royal Palace, Ganesh Tok|
|Day 7||Gangtok- Kalimpong||Deolo Hill, St. Teras Church, Nurseries, Thongsa Gompa|
|Day 8||Kalimpong- Phuentsholling||Phuentsholling Market|
|Day 9||Phuentsholling- Thimphu||Scenic landscapes en route Thimphu|
|Day10||Thimphu||Pangri Zampa Lhakhang, National Libraray, Kuenselphodrang, Changangkha Lahkhang, Tango Cheri Lhakhang, Thimphu Market|
|Day11-12||Thimphu-Punakha||Punakha Dzong, Lampelri Precinct Royal Botanical Park, Dochula Pass|
|Day 13-14||Punakha- Paro||Paro Dzong, National Museum, Tiger’s Nest|
|Day 15||Paro- Kolkata||Departure to Kolkata|
This 16-day trip is one whirlwind of an experience encasing the best of Kolkata, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok and Bhutan. Traversing through two Indian States of West Bengal and Sikkim and one country Bhutan, this trip is a journey worth embarking upon. As the trip progresses you will appreciate the eerie similarity and the evident differences in landscape and lifestyle of the inhabitants in these regions.
Kolkata, formerly known as Calcutta was the first capital of British India. Witness the colonial architecture that is synonymous with the history of this city and enjoy some lip smacking Bengali cuisine. Travel further to the beautiful Darjeeling nestled in the lap of Himalayas. A muse to the great Rabindranath Tagore’s poetry, Darjeeling is abundant in scenic beauty. Watch the sunrise at the Tiger Hill or get enthralled by the Batasia Loop. Drive to the mystical Pemayangtse to admire the intricate Buddhist architecture of the Pemayangtse Monastery which occupies a significant place in the Buddhist culture. Visit the sacred Khecheopalri Lake, which is believed to remain clean throughout the year due the efforts of birds that remove every fallen leaf from the surface of the lake.
Moving ahead to Gangtok, witness the hustle bustle of a Himalayan city in its full verve. Get a bird’s eye view of the entire city and the Kanchenjunga range from the Tashi View Point. From Gangtok travel to the border town of Phuentsholling via Kalimpong, enter the land of thunder dragon. Known for its towering Dzongs, peach, and cherry blossoms, and a Bhutanese culture of prioritizing an individual’s well-being for the nation’s manifold development, Bhutan is a dream come true. Traverse through the city life of Thimphu to the immaculate natural beauty of Punakha and finally surrender yourself to the fusion of natural beauty and spirituality at Paro.
True India Specialists.No one knows India better than we do
- The Indian subcontinent is our passion and our sole focus.
- We understand the nuances of this region in the greatest possible depth.
- We have travelled the length and breadth of this region and have personally checked the services of numerous hotels and guides.
- This first-hand experience ensures that we hand-pick the very best of them and helps us create a memorable India tour for our guests.
Exclusive insider access
- We posses strong, direct on the ground network across the India subcontinent.
- This helps us provide exclusive insider access to our guests and create exclusive one-off experiences that are unique and often difficult to arrange.
- We create unique experiences like a royal dinner experience with an erstwhile Maharaja family, a stay at a private royal palace, homestays at coffee plantations, health consultation with a very renowned yoga guru, celebrating festivals like Holi, Diwali etc. with a local Indian family in traditional way.
- Such experiences help our guests get the real feel of India.
Fully escorted tours with local guides
- All our tours are fully escorted tours.
- One of the factors that convert a good trip into an outstanding one, is the quality of guides.
- We have put in immense effort to discover the very best local guides in every region.
- These guides know the region like the back of their hand and bring a destination to life with their insights and anecdotes.
- This ensures that our guests get an immersive experience of the destination rather than just visiting it.
Flexibility to change plans at the last moment
- We can proudly say that we have direct on the ground offices in the Indian subcontinent.
- Hence, we very easily accommodate any sudden change in itineraries/travel plans requested by our guests.
- This flexibility helps our guests modify their plans even at the last moment, or even during the tour, should a need arise.
Best value for money. Guaranteed!!
- We have developed preferred partnerships and direct relationships with all the major hotels across the region.
- This ensures that we receive highly discounted rates and exceptional preferred access.
- A part of this discount is passed on to our valued guests.
- We absolutely guarantee that our prices will be the best in the market.
Hassle-free travel and 24x7 support
- We personally take care of all the troublesome issues like logistics, check-ins formalities, documents etc.
- This ensures that our guests are not unduly hassled and they can focus on enjoying their trip with complete peace of mind.
- Also for each of our guests, we assign a travel buddy who is available 24* 7 to sort out any urgent issues, should a need arise.