6 Days Stirring Southern Zanskar Tour
- Itinerary Overview
- Tour Summary
- MIH advantages
- Book this tour
|Day 1-2||Manali||Hadimba Devi Temple, Vashist Hot Springs|
|Day 3-5||Darcha||Barai Nullah river|
|Day 5-6||Zanskar Sumdo||Phuktal Monastery|
Zanskar is a hidden beauty as the modern transports are still inaccessible here; it can only be reached on foot or by pony. Here is a dedicatedly crafted itinerary of 6 days just to expose you to the sweeping marvel of nature at a high altitude where Buddhist monasteries could win over the arid land.
Arrive in Delhi and travel to Manali. After a refreshing rest set out to explore the elegance of this hill station. Visit the stunning Hadimba Devi temple of four wooden storeys situated in the middle of a forest. The muddy walls have amazing display of stonework in contrast with the wooden doorway. The specialty of this temple lies in missing idols. It only has a footprint on stone to worship. Thereafter visit Vashist Hot Springs, enjoy a leisure play in water that emerges from granitic deposits. Elegantly located above River Beas, Vashisht is a small village well known in the world for its scenic hot springs.
Then drive to Darcha, a village on the elegant Bhaga River. Admire the beauty of this place in peace while camping on the river side. From here you can indulge in the rich experience of trekking to Zanskar Sumdo, but before that take a day for acclimatization. Next day cross the river by a hanging bridge while feeling the ultimate sensation of adventure creeping in. At Zanskar, visit the 14th century Phuktal Monastery, hanging on a cliff face beneath a gaping cave entrance, by following a splendid trek through appealing views. Also visit the Lingshed Monastery which is one of the oldest and is also known as kumbum which means ‘a hundred thousand images’. The splendid huge prayer hall houses fantastic temples, murals and manuscripts. Do not miss the jeep safari, a fastest and convenient way to explore Zanskar. Enjoy the moon valley and the beauty of the nature like never before.
After an enriched tour, pack your bags to return for more as just six days are not enough to explore the marvelous charms of this place.
We have put in a lot of effort to develop the following competencies, so that we can always provide a delightful experience to our guests.
True India Specialists.No one knows India better than we do
- The Indian subcontinent is our passion and our sole focus.
- We understand the nuances of this region in the greatest possible depth.
- We have travelled the length and breadth of this region and have personally checked the services of numerous hotels and guides.
- This first-hand experience ensures that we hand-pick the very best of them and helps us create a memorable India tour for our guests.
Exclusive insider access
- We posses strong, direct on the ground network across the India subcontinent.
- This helps us provide exclusive insider access to our guests and create exclusive one-off experiences that are unique and often difficult to arrange.
- We create unique experiences like a royal dinner experience with an erstwhile Maharaja family, a stay at a private royal palace, homestays at coffee plantations, health consultation with a very renowned yoga guru, celebrating festivals like Holi, Diwali etc. with a local Indian family in traditional way.
- Such experiences help our guests get the real feel of India.
Fully escorted tours with local guides
- All our tours are fully escorted tours.
- One of the factors that convert a good trip into an outstanding one, is the quality of guides.
- We have put in immense effort to discover the very best local guides in every region.
- These guides know the region like the back of their hand and bring a destination to life with their insights and anecdotes.
- This ensures that our guests get an immersive experience of the destination rather than just visiting it.
Flexibility to change plans at the last moment
- We can proudly say that we have direct on the ground offices in the Indian subcontinent.
- Hence, we very easily accommodate any sudden change in itineraries/travel plans requested by our guests.
- This flexibility helps our guests modify their plans even at the last moment, or even during the tour, should a need arise.
Best value for money. Guaranteed!!
- We have developed preferred partnerships and direct relationships with all the major hotels across the region.
- This ensures that we receive highly discounted rates and exceptional preferred access.
- A part of this discount is passed on to our valued guests.
- We absolutely guarantee that our prices will be the best in the market.
Hassle-free travel and 24x7 support
- We personally take care of all the troublesome issues like logistics, check-ins formalities, documents etc.
- This ensures that our guests are not unduly hassled and they can focus on enjoying their trip with complete peace of mind.
- Also for each of our guests, we assign a travel buddy who is available 24* 7 to sort out any urgent issues, should a need arise.